Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is always here for you when you need help most. Your local SERVPRO is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Whenever you give us a call, we will be there. If you find yourself in a predicament and you are waiting for our timely arrival, there a few things you can do while we are on our way.
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Our community of Hermitage, Sharon, Grove City, and their surrounding areas are near and dear to our hearts. If you find yourself in a water damage situation, please give us a call immediately. We will arrive quickly and give you a proper assessment on the damage that has been done, and what needs done for your residential home or commercial business to be completely restored. We will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (724) 704-8939
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.