Water Damage Prevention in Your New Castle Home
Water damage can happen in a multitude of different ways. Water damage may seem like it is not preventable, but in some cases, it completely is! One of the forms of water damage most people do not think about is plumbing backups. This is one of our most common cases in emergencies, and with these steps taken in your home it could prevent a visit from your local SERVPRO.
- Inspect Appliance Hoses and Faucets - Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect Showers and Tubs - Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system - This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes - Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
As mentioned earlier, water damage does happen in a multitude of different ways. If you are ever faced with the daunting inconvenience that is water damage, we highly suggest you call the “faster to any size disaster” team. There is a reason why we are industry leaders in the field of restoration. It’s because we hands down do the best job. We pride ourselves on getting you back to pre-disaster conditions as soon as possible
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website! We are always Here to Help!