Thawing Frozen Pipes in Greenville, PA
Learn how to prevent water pipes from freezing. Pipe freezing is a problem because the frozen water in the pipes causes the pipe to expand which can cause cracks to form in the pipe. When the water finally begins to thaw, most likely there are cracks in the pipes that then cause it to leak and cause water damage. Let’s learn how to prevent water pipes from freezing!
How to Prevent Water Pipes from Freezing
- Drain water from the swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines.
- Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors.
- Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are in unheated areas. Look in the garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold-water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
- Consider installing specific products made to insulate water pipes like a "pipe sleeve" or installing UL-listed "heat tape," "heat cable," or similar materials on exposed water pipes.
Follow these tips for the best results in your home this winter!
SERVPRO of Mercer County are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (724) 704-8939 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!