Household mold (and where to find it)
What you should know about mold...
Mold is a natural organism that can grow anywhere in the environment where moisture is present. Any source of water intrusion can make your home susceptible to mold growth, and can be damaging to your property and to your health if it is not dealt with quickly and properly. You do not even have to have significant water damage or flooding in your home or business in order for mold to begin to grow, so it is important to be aware of the most common places where mold is found.
How to spot mold in your home or business...
Where mold might be growing...
- Basements or cellars where humidity is high
- Basements or cellars where water damage has previously occurred
- Behind or below refrigerators
- Around plumbing or pipes
- Around air conditioning unites
- Around the base of toilets or showers
- Underneath sinks
- Around or underneath windows that leak
- Among cardboard boxes or papers that are kept in damp or dark places
What to look for...
- Presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors
- Evidence of past moisture problems (dark water stains, etc.)
- Excessive moisture or humidity in a space
What to do if you find it...
If any of the factors are present in your home or property, technicians from SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties can be on site within a few hours to run pretests and determine what exactly is the state of the space. If mold is indeed present, we have the technology and expertise to remove it and restore your property.
Call (724) 704-8939