5 Tips on How to Prevent a Fire in Your Hope Mills Home
If you are looking to prevent a house fire and become more knowledgeable on the topic, you are in the right place. Housefires are most common in the winter time due to frequent cooking around the holidays. There are important things to observe and learn so you can take the proper precautions in preventing a fire in your home. Below are 5 ways to prevent a house fire in your home according to the American Red Cross:
- All heaters need space. Keep children, pets and things that can burn (paper, matches, bedding, furniture, clothing, carpets, and rugs) at least three feet away from heating equipment.
- If you must use a space heater, place it on a level, hard and nonflammable surface (such as ceramic tile floor), not on rugs, carpets or near bedding or drapes. Plug power cords directly into outlets - never into an extension cord.
- Never leave a fire in the fireplace unattended, and use a glass or metal fire screen to keep fire and embers in the fireplace.
- Never use a cooking range or oven to heat your home.
- Turn off portable space heaters every time you leave the room or go to sleep.
Specializing in fire and water restoration and cleanup, SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is the right business to call if have experienced a disaster in your Hope Mills, Mercer, or Hermitage home. It is essential that you have a company you can count on to be there fast, and we are available for emergency services 24/7, even on holidays. Call us at any time, day, or night at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website. We are here to make it Like it Never Even Happened!