Water Damage Do's & DON'TS
When a disaster happens, and you don’t have a plan – human instinct is to panic. You may find yourself doing things you would not normally do if you had a clear head and the time to plan. Don’t let this be the case in the event of unexpected water damage in your Mercer County home.
Here are some of the DO’s and DON’Ts for responding to water damage in your home.
- Shut off the water source, if possible, and only if it can be done SAFELY
- Remove excess water by mopping or blotting
- Remove wet upholstery (for even drying)
- Use a vacuum to remove water from the affected area
- Turn on ceiling fixtures, if the ceiling is wet
- Remain in areas where the ceiling is sagging/damaged from retained water
- Leave colored items on wet carpeting
These tips are a guideline that will help your property completely recover from a clean water damage incident. For more information about what you can do in the event of a residential or commercial water disaster visit our page on Water Damage Tips.
If your home or business incurs any damage from water (clean or contaminated) call us today and we will help make it, “Like it never even happened.”