Water Damage Response Tips
Water damage can result in major loss to property and home owners. We at SERVPRO of Mercer County are here to help you restore your property in the event of a water loss, whether big or small.
The keys to effective water damage restoration are quick response time and thorough drying. SERVPRO of Mercer County promises to respond to a water loss by answering your call in one hour and placing a professional on-site within four hours in order to minimize the effects of damage to your property.
But what can you do to ensure complete restoration in clean water situations?
Below are some quick tips from SERVPRO® Inc.
- Shut off the water source if possible, and only if it can be done safely
- Remove excess water by mopping or blotting
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water from the affected area
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where the ceiling is sagging from retained water
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting
SERVPRO of Mercer County wants the best for you and your property. Visit our website for more helpful tips to respond to water damage.